It is time to share your handiwork with the Warfare world. In "Your First Mission" you learned to use File / Export Mission Pack to save and create a .pdb file. The following instructions will tell you how to upload it to the Forum and what information you need to provide. How long will it take until you can download to your device and play your new game with your friends? All will be revealed in this section so read on.
The Warfare Incorporated Forum
The WI Forum is the place to go to share any and all types of information related to Warfare Incorporated. As a Mission Author, you will want to visit here often to get answers to questions, ask for and/or give help to questions, chat about games, and share your own missions. You will find the WI Forum HERE.
1. Log into the Forum using your registered name and password that you use to play with. The Login is located towards the top of the screen under the Warfare Incorporated logo.
2. Scroll down past General Discussions to the section called Mission Authoring.
3. The first topic of Mission Authoring is the place to ask questions about writing missions. Your current questions may have already been answered by others over the last few years that this Mission Editor has been used for creating WI Missions for Palm, Windows Mobile, and now Apple iPhone/iTouch devices. This is a great resource for you.
4. The second topic of Mission Sharing is the place to upload your new mission. Click on this topic.
5. Select New Topic at the top left. The Subject should be the name of your mission, i.e. Dessert River Riches or Prey.
6. In the Message Body use this format to supply information about your new mission:
Description: Enter a description of your mission
Author: Usually your username
History: Version# or first map, or update #3 or whatever seems appropriate
# of players: 2 or 2-4 or 4 (2v2) or 1 if single player
7. Preview: Post a jpg preview of your map if you have one. You will need a place to host your photo and a url for it, i.e. http://www.photoplace.com/myphoto.jpg. After typing that into your post, tap the Img button towards the top right under the Subject field. That will place the html tags to make your photo show up in the post.
8. Make sure to select Sticky next to Post topic as: (see photo)
9. Under Add an Attachment browse for your mission .pdb file and click on it.
10. File Comment is where you can enter any description of the game. This is the description that shows up on the iPhone/iTouch when you tap on the mission in Download Add-on Mission Packs. This is a good place to use words like test, or beta, or final, or v1.0, etc. if you want to, but NOT in the game title.
11. Tap Submit at the bottom and your mission will be picked up by the Warfare Inc servers in 20-30 minutes. Now you can download it to your iPhone/iTouch and test it online in real play.
12. Now go back to the Mission Editor, make corrections or adjustments or additions as needed and repeat these steps
VERY IMPORTANT: Any time you have a new version of this mission, EDIT your original post. DO NOT make another new topic unless you are posting a newly authored mission, and then it would have a different name. While editing your post add a new line to the history, and upload the new version of your mission using the Upload New Version button. By uploading with this button, your download statistics will stay intact and won't get reset to 0!
Users are encouraged to make comments and feedback in a given mission topic, for the benefit of the author to refine and enhance the mission.
Note: the main mission download page will be auto-generated from the contents of this forum. It will look for Sticky posts with file uploads and put these on a single easy to use download page that sorts by and displays download count, mission name, description, link to the download, and link to the discussion topic for each mission. These are also listed on the Warfare Incorporated website under Add-on Mission Packs.
Note: Unlike Palm and Windows Mobile users, iPhone and iPod Touch users have mission download integrated into the game.
Testing your mission
Single Player Missions - Go to Single Player download missions page on your iPhone/iTouch, download and play the mission. It will be easy for you to see if there are any issues. If the mission is unplayable, please respect other player's time and do one of the following:
Multiplayer Missions - It is not so easy to test a new mission. We suggest you Create Room in the Multiplayer Lobby. Give it a name like "Come here to try new map", or "Help me test new mission now" or something similar. Perhaps you have friends that will know you are testing a new map, or other players will join your room, knowing it is an untested map. They might even give you suggestions in Chat. If you feel that everything is likely to work as expected, and you have trouble getting joiners in your test room, then the only option will be to put it up in the Main Room for anyone to join. You will get adequate feedback from one time playing your new mission with others.
If the mission is unplayable, please respect other player's time and do one of the following: